Welcome to ONYX Engineering, a leading Electrical Engineering company headquartered in Ireland. With a strong commitment to excellence, we specialize in providing a comprehensive range of valuable and high-quality solutions for the Design and Engineering of MV and HV Electrical Infrastructures to clients across Ireland and the UK.
At ONYX Engineering, our vision is to be a trailblazer in the industry, setting new standards for quality and customer satisfaction. Our customer-oriented approach forms the cornerstone of our services, ensuring that we consistently deliver exceptional solutions tailored to meet the unique needs of our clients.
Currently, we are actively seeking a highly skilled and motivated Substation Secondary Design Engineer to join our dynamic team. As part of our team, you will play a pivotal role in our MV/HV projects, contributing your expertise and creativity to shape the future of electrical infrastructures.
Join ONYX Engineering today and embark on a rewarding journey with a company that not only values its employees but also strives to make a positive impact in the market through top-notch services and innovative solutions.
Together, let’s build a brighter future for electrical engineering. Apply now to become a part of our growing family at ONYX Engineering.
- A minimum level 8 degree (BSc) in power systems
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field of secondary design in power system infrastructures.
- Competent to produce basic and detailed schematic drawings for the control and protection panels in MV and HV substations
- Competent and comfortable working with Siemens, ABB, Schneider, and other vendor relays to configure the relays
- Deep understanding of the protection and control scheme
- A working knowledge and good awareness of IEC standards for different power system components.
- Knowledge of relay and protection systems in MV and HV substations
- Experience with EPLAN P8 software or AutoCAD Electrical
- Calculations Of AC/DC, CT and CVT for designing of substations systems
- Competent and comfortable working with Siemens, ABB, Schneider… relays to configure the relays
- Working experience with IEC 61850 (MMS and GOOSE) is an advantage
- A working knowledge and good awareness of IEC standards for the different power system component
- Working experience with power system simulation software packages such as ETAP/ PF DIgSILENT is a great advantage
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Positive “can-do” attitude.
- Agile and motivated individual.
- Team player.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Plans and effectively manages.
If you are a highly motivated and skilled individual with a passion for this role and a desire to work with a leading engineering company, we encourage you to apply for this position. Please send your CV via below form or alternatively via email to HR@onyxeng.ie