Welcome to ONYX Engineering, a leading Electrical Engineering company headquartered in Ireland. With a strong commitment to excellence, we specialize in providing a comprehensive range of valuable and high-quality solutions for the Design and Engineering of MV and HV Electrical Infrastructures to clients across Ireland and the UK.
At ONYX Engineering, our vision is to be a trailblazer in the industry, setting new standards for quality and customer satisfaction. Our customer-oriented approach forms the cornerstone of our services, ensuring that we consistently deliver exceptional solutions tailored to meet the unique needs of our clients.
Currently, we are actively seeking a highly skilled and motivated Substation Automation Engineer to join our dynamic team. As part of our team, you will play a pivotal role in our MV/HV projects, contributing your expertise and creativity to shape the future of electrical infrastructures.
Join ONYX Engineering today and embark on a rewarding journey with a company that not only values its employees but also strives to make a positive impact in the market through top-notch services and innovative solutions.
Together, let’s build a brighter future for electrical engineering. Apply now to become a part of our growing family at ONYX Engineering.
- Design and implement substation automation systems for MV/HV substations.
- Produce basic and detailed schematic drawings for the SAS Panels.
- Work with IEC 61850 (MMS and GOOSE) and have a working knowledge of IEC standards for different power system components.
- Configuration of the IED’s for the setting up the communication protocol
- Applicant must already have the right to work in Ireland
- A minimum level 8 degree (BSc) in power systems
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the field of substation automation systems.
- Deep understanding of substation automation systems, SCADA, and communication protocols.
- Working experience with IEC 61850 (MMS and GOOSE) is essential.
- A working knowledge and good awareness of IEC standards for different power system components.
- Knowledge of relay and protection systems in MV and HV substations is a great advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Positive “can-do” attitude.
- Agile and motivated individual.
- Team player.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Plans and effectively manages.
If you are a highly motivated and skilled individual with a passion for this role and a desire to work with a leading engineering company, we encourage you to apply for this position. Please send your CV via below form or alternatively via email to HR@onyxeng.ie